Friday, April 19, 2013

Man of Steel – Hans


The latest and greatest piece of music I have heard is from the Man of Steel trailer, composed by Hans Zimmer. I was very excited to see that Christopher Nolan was producing this project and that Hans was also brought on to score- they had previously worked together on the most recent Batman trilogy and Inception- both essentials in my score library.

First listen, I hear some Lisa Gerrard, reminiscent of Gladiator. Who doesn't LOVE the Gladiator score?!

Please take a listen to Hans' greatness in this Man of Steel trailer:



Variety had a small article earlier this week with an interview from Hans and the "sonic landcape" that he created for Man of Steel- I like this approach. Not wanting to follow in the footsteps of John Willams and Danny Elfman, he created something new and unexpected...with a ton of strings- love me some strings. 

If you want to check out some of my favorite Hans, give these masterpieces a listen:





























No comments:

Post a Comment